Pages

3.14.2014

Three Girls

First off, I can't even believe that I'm already halfway through this pregnancy. The time has gone by so fast since we found out we were expecting back in December. 

That being said, halfway means the big ultrasound to check development and find out gender. We had our ultrasound yesterday. The baby was a healthy girl! She was squirmy as ever. We didn't get a good profile photo because her hands were near her face the whole time. But it looked as if she waved! 

I've done this all of this twice before but it still gets me. Seeing that sweet girl on the screen just made my heart swell. The love you can feel for a person you haven't even met is unreal.

We're excited and a bit overwhelmed at the thought of three girls, ages three and under. Amelia was actually slightly disappointed over the news of another sister. She really wanted a brother apparently! But Danny gently explained how big of a blessing our new baby girl is to our family. And that God makes no mistakes. Amelia is definitely warming up to the idea now. I'm glad for that because I really believe that these girls are a gift to each other. I know they'll have their ups and downs because that's what relationships are like. But I've always heard that a sister is a friend for life. I don't have any biological sisters. Honestly, part of me is jealous of my daughters!! Danny and I pray hard that these girls will be so in love with each other. 

Next up on the pregnancy/baby schedule is ordering cloth diapers for the two girls who will be in them {we have to save money somewhere!}, organizing clothes for consignment, and taking my glucose test. Since I had gestational diabetes with Elsie, my midwife wants to test early this time. Understandable but totally sucky. 

Overall, I'm feeling great! I can't wait to see what kind of fun this baby girl adds to our family. 

Isla Abrielle Grace // due August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment