Pages

2.04.2014

Life Since Fall

Well, I didn't mean to take such a long break in my writing. However, I am known to do that so I guess it's not too surprising.

I'm pretty tired these days. Actually, I would say downright exhausted, nearing zombie mom. From October until now, life has been one crazy roller coaster.

I wrote about Making Motherhood Easier for The Nester's #31Days challenge. It was really great as I rediscovered my love for writing. Even if I can't do it as often as I would like, writing is such an outlet for me. The Lord has brought our family on quite the journey and through writing, I feel like I can better process all the experiences. I'd be lying if I said I haven't gone back and read some of my own blog posts as one way to gather encouragement and truth for this new season. Is that weird? Not only did I enjoy the writing part of it. But I really enjoyed focusing on my role as a mom and what that experience has taught me in the last three years. Now don't get me wrong, I have a lot more to learn and I know I haven't even scratched the surface.


Then there was all the sickness. For about two months, our family passed around nasty colds and even pink eye. It meant that we needed to slow way down. This wasn't a terrible outcome because in the midst of it all we got the surprise of our life in the form of a positive pregnancy test. I would like to touch more in future posts about the work God has done in my heart concerning a third pregnancy so soon after having a baby. It will be messy and fun.


As if that weren't all crazy enough, in the span of a month we went from thinking that Danny was going to lose his job to finding out that he was hired for a new position within in the same company! His new job will be non-commission based sales {read: a lot more stable for a growing family}. He is starting that new job this week in fact! It was very stressful and then exciting and then irritating as we waited for more news and now back to exciting. God is providing in awesome ways.

And holidays. Everyone knows about those. Ours were actually pretty low key. It just felt like a lot because I was nauseous with two sick kiddos.


That brings us to now. The first month of the new year is done already and here we are in February. I'm into my second trimester! Amelia is turning three in twelve days. Elsie is almost ten months!! A lot of life is happening. I'm hoping to slow down soon and write more about it all in this space. See ya then?

No comments:

Post a Comment