Pages

10.29.2013

31 Days: On Days Like This

The whole day passed and there I sat with my husband, talking about how I need to write a blog post. There was no motivation whatsoever to get me out of that chair and in front of my computer. I explained to Danny that I just didn't know what to say.

Then Danny said, "Write about days like today."

It's not that I had a bad day. I think that overall, it was a good one. The day just started too early. The toddler was tired and had the grumpies off and on all day. At one point she bit Elsie. I just wanted a do-over. It didn't feel like our best. And the day wasn't even half over at this point.

So I chose to sit back in the recliner and snuggle a sleeping baby for her nap this afternoon. I just relaxed and regrouped. I was absolutely unproductive - depending on how you look at it. Sure, the laundry sat unfolded. I didn't eat lunch. I didn't write. Oh, but the time with my baby was such a gift. Eventually, the kiddos were awake and we were ready to continue our day. We had some fun. Then there were moments of hard. It was pretty average as far as days go.

And tomorrow is a new day, a new chance to make things better than average. Another day to lean into the Lord as life happens. Whatever tomorrow looks like, I'm just thankful for new days. They do make motherhood easier, I think. A second chance, a fresh start. We all need them from time to time.  

"The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
Great is his faithfulness;
    his mercies begin afresh each morning."

No comments:

Post a Comment