Pages

11.05.2012

Let Us Give Thanks - Danny

I really wanted to start this five days ago. But alas, life happens. Plus, it's never too late to stop and give thanks for all the blessings in your life. That's what I want to do in November. I really want it to be a heart attitude that lasts throughout the whole year. Wouldn't you agree that this is a great place to start? My goal is to write every day for the rest of this month about the people and things that I am thankful for.

I want to start my Thanksgiving list off with my husband, Danny. If you met him randomly, he would introduce himself as Daniel. If you saw him at work, he would introduce himself as Dan. Whatever we agree to call him, I call him wonderful and all mine forever.

no place else I'd rather be than doing life with this man ♥

Most people reading this know Danny in real life. But for the few that don't, let me just tell you a little about him. He's been known by friends as a big teddy bear. He stands tall at 6' 3" and is a broad man. I think he's the type of build that appears threatening. But the instant you talk to him, you know that Danny is kind and gentle. He always smiles. And he has a big laugh. Danny has a heart for people and serving them. He works as a retail sales representative at Verizon Wireless. All day, he sells phones and troubleshoots and talks to people. He doesn't like the job all that much. But if he's able to help a person save money or understand their phone while also providing for his family, he's excited. He works a lot and doesn't get to serve with our church very much. But he has always viewed work as a sort of mission field for him. Danny has always kept Colossians 3:23 as his motto when at work: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters..." And the thing is, people have noticed. On the rare occasion that he does get to serve at church, he will always be behind the scenes. He's the guy setting stuff up, tearing stuff down. He's the humblest man I know.

I could write about him and us forever because I just adore him. But today I just want to say a few random things: I'm thankful for his unwavering faith in the Lord that has built me up and up over the last ten years of knowing him, eight years of a relationship with him, and over four years of marriage. I'm thankful for the way he has lead our family through the fiercest storms of life as he follows the Lord. I'm thankful for the sweet, goofy, and firm daddy that he is to our daughter, Amelia. I'm thankful for the sacrifices he's made because family always will come first to him. I'm thankful for the friend that he is to those around him. I'm thankful for how he gets mad at me when I criticize my body. I'm thankful for how he spurs me on to be a better wife, mother, and friend just by simply living his life and loving me. I'm thankful that our children have Danny to look up to as they wonder what it means to be a faithful servant of the Lord.

I'm thankful for all of this and so much more!

Are you reading along and feeling thankful? Then tell me some things: if you're married, what is it about your spouse that you are thankful for? If you're single, tell me about the people in your life that spur you on to be a better version of yourself.

{photo credit: anthem photography, April 2012}

No comments:

Post a Comment