Pages

1.11.2012

The Lord Has Done Great Things

"Don’t be afraid, my people.
     Be glad now and rejoice,
        for the LORD has done great things" Joel 2:21


I read Joel last week for our community group's weekly reading. I found this verse and was so blessed by it. For so much of my life, I have worried about the smallest of details for no good reason. I have spent so much time stressing over things I have no control over. But in the last year, I have found peace in trusting God. I have never been so content in knowing that God has provided and blessed in the past which means, because He is faithful, that He will provide in the future.

I don't know how long it will be before we are debt free and able to buy a home big enough for the large family we want. I know that God has given us just enough to begin working to get there. We want to have 4 children at least. I'm not sure how we will clothe and feed all those little bodies with one income! I do know that many families before us have made it work (Danny's family included)! I know that God has provided for our every need thus far. I want to continue in ministry but sometimes it's difficult to see how I can do it. I know that God walked with me through the transition of having Amelia and still serving. I am still being used in a big way now... just different from what I expected. There's so many unknowns ahead of us. But because of the certainties behind us, we press on in faith.

God just loves providing for His children. I've seen it over and over again in my life. So I go forth with the assurance that He will continue to provide for this child of His!

No comments:

Post a Comment