Pages

10.05.2011

Life as a Balancing Act

I'm first and foremost a follower of Jesus. Second to that, I am a wife to Danny. We decided almost two years ago to embark on the adventure of starting our family which resulted me earning the new role, mother, at the the beginning of this year. While I was working on becoming a mommy, I was a youth leader (still am!). I was called the "youth group mom". I loved it! But as soon as Amelia was born, I became "Amelia's mom". That is my third role in life, with being a youth leader moving to fourth (amongst a million other roles but for the sake of this post, I'm limiting it to four).

I never realized how much of a balancing act my life would be after having Amelia. Each of these areas require time and commitment from me, all at different levels! Finding those levels these last 8 months has been the hardest challenge of my life. All I know is that "...for such a time as this." God has me here: striving to follow Him wholeheartedly, desperately trying to respect and honor Danny, learning to love and care for sweet Amelia, and remembering that in all of this, a group of high school students is looking at my life for wisdom and guidance as they also strive to be the best for our Lord.

Life truly is a balancing act. And right now, I feel like I'm going to fall over with it all crashing down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment